Since we last spoke, we’ve decided to try another trial: Morab-003. I’ll be starting on low doses of Taxol, once per week. In addition, I’ll have 2/3 chance of getting a bio-agent called farletuzumab (farlaTOOzamab). It’s aPhase III trial, lots of ladies with the OC who are getting the combo are doing very well, and it’s happening here in Marin. Lovely. That’s a tri-fecta of joy, as far as chemo goes.
Unfortunately, we have to wait until February 14th to start treatment because they have to make sure my last trial substance is “washed out” of me before starting this trial. The waiting is hard, but both Docs G and C have assured us that it is safe to wait.
In the mean time, we are enjoying the sunshine. Sorry East Coasters, the weather is currently shamelessly Californian in its brazen gorgeousness. Ahhhh.
On a side note, it wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be to tell Virgil that we will be starting treatment again. Those of you who know Virgil know that, while he loves any extra amount of snuggle-time that chemo brings, he doesn’t like to see mama unwell. Here’s how he took it: