Partly Cloudy


So we met with Doc G today and the news isn’t great.

My CA 125 is up another 20 points. That’s 88 if you’re keeping track.

The good thing is that it hasn’t skyrocketed and we have some time to figure out what to do next.

The outrageous thing is that the drug I should take next, Doxil, is not available. This is outrageous to my family, friends, and me. And yet there’s seemingly nothing we can do about it.

So the plan for now is to do a Pet/Ct scan this week to see where the activity is while we research clinical trials.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been treated in the last three years. I know my optimism is endless. My energy, however, seems finite and I need to be in shape for new treatment at some point.

The near future calls for simplicity in my endeavors and plenty of time with family and friends.


  1. jan’s avatar

    As always, your posts are so honest, and yet your optimism shines through. You are the Female Warrior looking into the future.

    There is a generic form of Doxil that’s just become available, manufactured in India; it just takes some scrounging to find it. Someone on Inspire posted that they would be getting it.

    Always holding you in healing light.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>